About the Michigan Dog Scout Camp
- DSA Outings
- MI scheduled camps
- Leadership Training Retreat
- Memorial Scholarships to Attend Camp
- Rules for MI Camp
Want to SEE What Camp is Like in Michigan?
- Dog Scouts of America: Summer camp for dogs! (interview by WTHR)
- Dog Scout Camp Trailer to the movie! (2012)
- Dog Scout Camp the Movie (2012)
Dog Scout Camps are held in June and July each year. Dog Scouts Mini Camps will be in August.
- DSA Mini Camp: August 20-24 and 25-29, 2021
- Cost: $530 for first camper, $200 for additional family members – camp fee includes tuition, meals and all camp activities (from 9am-9pm) each day but not lodging. Repeat campers received a $50 discount.
- Online Registration for DSA Mini Camps
- To make payments toward an existing camp registration (AFTER you have submitted a registration form), CLICK HERE.
- Lodging and Badges are extra.
- First dog is Free – additional dogs per family are $50 each.
- Prices & Cancellation Policy (2014)
Bounced Check Policy
Checks submitted to DSA that bounce will incur a $40 fee and the original amount will need to be submitted as quickly as possible. If the check was for membership, the membership(s) will be suspended until payment is received. If the checks are for badges, no further badges will be sent until the situation is rectified and the bounced check fee is paid. If a second bounced check is submitted by the same person, no further checks will be accepted from that person and only money orders may be used. If the amount and fee are not paid in a timely manner, the issue is likely to be sent to a collection agency and any expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the person who wrote the original check.
What to Do
Step 1: Pre-Camp Info – for all Michigan Camp Attendees
If you are interested in attending the Michigan 6-day camp, it is important that you read all about it first, so that you understand what it entails.
- General Camp Instructions – almost everything you need to know about camp
- Camp Rules
- DSA Dog Aggression Policy
- Helping your dog enjoy camp
- Are Crates at Camp Mandatory?
- Teaching your dog to greet other dogs appropriately
- Counter-Surfing – Your well-mannered dog may counter-surf at camp! (1 pg) –
- Camp Policies – Off-leash policy, Separation anxiety, & Multi-dog handling (1.5 pg)
- Top 10 reasons you may NOT enjoy camp (3 pgs)
Step 2: Register
To make payments toward your camp balance AFTER you have submitted a registration form, CLICK HERE.
Step 3: Information – to Print and Bring with You to Camp
- Health Form (04/2014) – have your vet complete this form within 30 days of camp and bring this form with you
- Map & Directions to Camp
- Map of Trails & Camp Property
- Camp Packing List – ideas to help you remember everything!
- Camp Waiver/Release Form – Look this over, you’ll sign one of these upon arrival at camp
- How to Build the Perfect Campfire
Camp Rental and Free Outings
In addition to the full-length Summer Dog Scout Camp, the Michigan camp facility is available for rental and free outings. Contact Lonnie for more information!