What: Dog Scout Camp is like summer camp, only for people of all ages, and you bring your dog along to be the center of the fun! Each day will hold many activities, and each camper chooses which and how many to attend.
Check-in Monday evening. Four full-days of activities. Camp ends at noon on Saturday.
Where: Western Maryland 4-H Educational Camp
243 4-H Camp Road
Swanton, MD 21561
- Testing for the Dog Scout merit badge and title
- Obedience Activities: Shaping and Clicker Training
- Trail Activities: Hiking, Canine Backpacking and Cani-cross if you have the needed equipment
- Water Activities: Teaching dogs to Swim, Kayak/Canoeing, Dock Diving and Water Retrieving
- K-9 Fitness
- Rally Obedience
- Making Heeling Fun!!
- Dog Care
- Campfires, S’mores, and more
- Arts and Crafts (cool dog-related craft projects)
Camp Fees: Registration includes lodging from Monday through Friday nights, 3 meals plus snack daily, and all activities and instruction.
- One person with one dog: $650
- Additional person from same household: $400
- Additional dog: $25 (Limited to two dogs per person)
- DSA Member Early Bird Rate: $525 (One person with one dog. Person must have been a DSA member in good standing for at least one full year to get member rate.
- New Incentive program: Refer a new camper and both the referrer and referee will get a $50 credit on their camp tab!
For more information: http://blueridgedogscoutcamp.blogspot.com