Please join us! You may use the options below to register securely online or to renew your membership. You may also use the space on the form to submit changes, add dogs, etc. Just make a note!
If you prefer to pay by check or money order please download our printable membership application and mail it together with your payment to the address on the form.
While DSA is a growing organization, it is still run by just a few volunteers that are spread around the U.S. Membership applications are processed as a batch about once a month. Usually near the end of the month. Shirley does her best to send out an email when the application is received, but sometimes things get busy or Shirley is traveling.
Once your membership is processed, your membership card will be mailed to you. You are considered a DSA member as soon as your application and payment are received by DSA. If you need to verify your membership, you can email Shirley Conley, our Membership Coordinator. Thank you for your patience.
Bounced Check Policy
Checks submitted to DSA that bounce will incur a $40 fee and the original amount will need to be submitted as quickly as possible. If the check was for membership, the membership(s) will be suspended until payment is received. If the checks are for badges, no further badges will be sent until the situation is rectified and the bounced check fee is paid. If a second bounced check is submitted by the same person, no further checks will be accepted from that person and only money orders may be used. If the amount and fee are not paid in a timely manner, the issue is likely to be sent to a collection agency and any expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the person who wrote the original check.
Is Your Membership Current?
Annual DSA membership dues need to be renewed 1 year from date of initial membership to continue as an active DSA member. Once you become a member, you can check below to see when your dues are due.
Current Membership – as of June 19th 2020
- Searchable Online Membership Database
- Membership by Name (PDF file)
- Membership by State (PDF file)
- Membership by Troop # (PDF file)
You may want to put a reminder on your calendar.
Reasons to Join
- DSA – Position on Punishment
- Manual: Understanding the Dog Scout Laws (pdf)
- Is my dog a Dog Scout?
- What is a “Cadet Scout”?
- Understanding DSA Programs
- Rules for Use of DSA Facilities (doc)
- Cost Comparison Chart of Venues – Comparing what you get for your money with DSA vs. other venues
- Recognition Award Descriptions – DSA believes in positive reinforcement and applies that principle to humans with these awards
Other Ways to Participate
DSA Yahoo List – http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/DSA_TalkList/
Anyone can join this discussion list through Yahoo Groups. When you see the “note to moderator” box, please tell us a bit about your interest in DSA so we know you are not a spammer. This list is used to share and discuss all things dog related as well as announce DSA activities and discuss positive training.
- If you don’t have a Yahoo account, this tutorial will walk you through the easy steps to signing up: Creating a Yahoo Account
- If you don’t have an email address, the steps in the tutorial above will help you create one for free that you can access and check from any computer, even at a library or friend’s house.
Visit the Support DSA page to see how many different ways you can participate in helping DSA grow!