** The Texas Mini Camp is FULL **
Please contact: Cindy Ratliff to be placed on the wait list!
Try to imagine the cold temps are behind us, and drifts of snow are a distant memory. It’s time to look forward to the 2015 Leadership Retreat to be held Friday, May 29 thru Sunday, May 31. The online registration page is not completed so I’ve attached a form for registration/deposit. This year the retreat is not held on Memorial Day weekend. We’ll gather at the DSA campground in Michigan on the Friday following Memorial Day. Planned activities and benefits of attending Leadership Retreat:
- Rub elbows with fellow Troop Leaders. Troop Leadership comes with challenges and accomplishments. Talk to other Troop Leaders about what works / doesn’t work for them and their troop. Acquire ideas to take back to your troop.
- Present the O&S on a merit badge to receive immediate feedback from Lonnie & your peers. After completing an O&S you are one step closer to being able to sign off on that badge. Please consider an O&S you would like to present.
- Would you like to practice (or brush up on) the skills needed to administer the DSA test? Taking part in sessions at DSA Leadership Retreat provides valuable experience and prepares you to return home, administer the test to others and send the video to Chris Puls for review. Read more about it at: http://dogscouts.org/base/certification-program/become-a-scoutmasterevaluator/
NOTE: We have had to start requiring a small $25.00 non-refundable deposit to hold available spaces for people. After the $25.00 deposit, there is no cost for the Leadership Retreat. However, lodging costs are as follows:
- Lodge Shared Room $15 per person per night
- Lodge Private Room $40 per person per night
- RV space with electricity $12 per night
- Tent site with electricity $12 per night
- Tent site no electricity $8 per night
- Cabin $75 per night
- RV Rental $45 per night
** REGISTER ONLINE HERE **
If you prefer, you may also register using THIS FORM and sending it to me with your deposit. Please let me know if you have any questions, I look forward to hearing from you! Thank you, Robyn
SESSION 1 – June 15-20, 2015
Early Bird Deadline March 31, 2015
SESSION 2 – July 13-18, 2015
Earlybird Deadline April 30, 2015
About Camp: The Blue Ridge Mini Camp is a shortened version of the week-long Dog Scout Camp that’s held in Michigan each summer, only BRMC is held in the panhandle of western Maryland. Each day will hold many activities and each camper can choose to attend as many or as few as they wish.
Dates: Monday, August 10 – Saturday, August 15, 2015 Check-in Monday evening. Four full-days of activities. Camp ends at noon on Saturday.
Location: Western Maryland 4H Camp 243 4-H Camp Road Swanton, MD 21561
Lodging: Lodging will be in cabins with 4-6 people sharing each cabin. There will be plenty of room since they can hold up to 12 people each. The camp has several clean, spacious, modern bathhouses with private showers.
Camp Fees: One person with one dog: $625 DSA Early Bird Member Rate — one person with one dog: $500* Registration includes lodging from Monday through Friday nights and all meals, plus other goodies.
PLEASE COMPLETED AND SUBMIT THESE FORMS WITH PAYMENT:
Details will be forthcoming
Dog Scout Camp at Grasshopper Hill Farm, Flint, TX for 2.5 days
beginning the evening of April 15th through 17th. Come train with
Dog Scouts of America founder, Lonnie Olson. Learn from the
Best! Your dog can earn badges! Camp fee is $100. We have scholarships for
SPCA fosters: for you it is free to attend!! Call 903-530-9273 for