Try to imagine the cold temps are behind us, and drifts of snow are a distant memory. It’s time to look forward to the 2015 Leadership Retreat to be held Friday, May 29 thru Sunday, May 31. The online registration page is not completed so I’ve attached a form for registration/deposit. This year the retreat is not held on Memorial Day weekend. We’ll gather at the DSA campground in Michigan on the Friday following Memorial Day. Planned activities and benefits of attending Leadership Retreat:
- Rub elbows with fellow Troop Leaders. Troop Leadership comes with challenges and accomplishments. Talk to other Troop Leaders about what works / doesn’t work for them and their troop. Acquire ideas to take back to your troop.
- Present the O&S on a merit badge to receive immediate feedback from Lonnie & your peers. After completing an O&S you are one step closer to being able to sign off on that badge. Please consider an O&S you would like to present.
- Would you like to practice (or brush up on) the skills needed to administer the DSA test? Taking part in sessions at DSA Leadership Retreat provides valuable experience and prepares you to return home, administer the test to others and send the video to Chris Puls for review. Read more about it at: http://dogscouts.org/base/certification-program/become-a-scoutmasterevaluator/
NOTE: We have had to start requiring a small $25.00 non-refundable deposit to hold available spaces for people. After the $25.00 deposit, there is no cost for the Leadership Retreat. However, lodging costs are as follows:
- Lodge Shared Room $15 per person per night
- Lodge Private Room $40 per person per night
- RV space with electricity $12 per night
- Tent site with electricity $12 per night
- Tent site no electricity $8 per night
- Cabin $75 per night
- RV Rental $45 per night
** REGISTER ONLINE HERE **
If you prefer, you may also register using THIS FORM and sending it to me with your deposit. Please let me know if you have any questions, I look forward to hearing from you! Thank you, Robyn