The first step in a wonderful journey…
Before you can receive any other specialty merit badges, you and your dog MUST complete the Dog Scout Title. Although not overly difficult, this is not a simple task, and proves that you are a responsible owner and your dog has learned to behave appropriately.
Rules that apply to ALL badges:
- No reward items (treats/toys/etc.) on the handler during the badge test.
- If a badge requires a “leave-it” that means it should be performed to the same standards as required for the Dog Scout test/title.
- Only training methods that do not conflict with the DSA Position on Punishment may be used.
- The dog should perform each exercise confidently and willingly.
Helpful Video Links:
- Dog Scout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2LazYh-Ctg)
- CKSHT – DSA Badge (6-12)
- CRITERIA – DSA Badge (6-12)
- The Dog Scout Way
- The Dog Scout Laws
- Understanding the Dog Scout Laws
- Teaching the Dog Scout Class Behaviors
- Step-by-Step Guide to the Dog Scout Title
- TRAIN – Heel Position – UPDATED
- Notes from Dog Scout Class
- Recommended Reading List
- How to get acceptable Video coverage for Dog Scout Certification
- DSA HANDLER Written Test
- FORM – DSA Badge (1-13)