NOTE: This badge needs to be earned before paperwork for the other badges can be submitted.
HOW TO EARN BADGES:
- The Certification Program page gives you important details and general information about how to earn badges with your dog.
- STOP! Before submitting a badge form, please read this Special Note.
- While we do our best to get the forms processed quickly, please allow 4-6 weeks for processing of badge forms and fees.
All required information and documentation specific to this badge can be found below.
- The Dog Scout Laws
- The Dog Scout Way
- Teaching the Dog Scout Test Behaviors (15 pgs)
- Guide to the Dog Scout Title (81 pgs - includes Dog Scout Way, Dog Scout Laws, Guidelines for the test, Tips for videos, Video checklist, Dog Scout Test check sheet, and the Handler’s Written Test)
- Tips for Getting Good Video Coverage
- Example of the Dog Scout Badge Test - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2LazYh-Ctg
This shows what is needed for a video submission for the Dog Scout test. Note that the indirect access exercises no longer need to be shown. Refer to the guide for the details and rules for each exercise.
- Another example of the Dog Scout Test - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiMx9FGilHw
Note: Fancy graphics are NOT required, but it is helpful if all the clips can be combined into a single video.
Dog Scout Handler Test: