How to Earn Badges:
- The Certification Program page gives you important details and general information about how to earn badges with your dog.
- STOP! Before submitting a badge form, please read this Special Note.
- While we do our best to get the forms processed quickly, please allow 4-6 weeks for processing of badge forms and fees.
* NOTE: If you have printed badge forms prior to the end of July 2012, be sure you are sending your forms to the Indiana address and not to Michigan.
Rules that apply to ALL badges:
- No reward items (treats/toys/etc.) on the handler during the badge test.
- If a badge requires a "leave-it" that means it should be performed to the same standards as required for the Dog Scout test/title.
- Only training methods that do not conflict with the DSA Position on Punishment may be used.
- The dog should perform each exercise confidently and willingly.